Monday, May 19, 2014

27 and Sunny yields lots of Running

Arrived in Park City Utah around 2:30 on Saturday, unfortunately my bags were not with me. They were still in Denver after a "random check." So as you can imagine Sat was pretty nuts. I had a long window when the bags could arrive here between 5pm-3am, plus the room I was in was not ready. This meant I was upgraded to a bigger suite - but unfortunately in this one the TV did not work - hmm "I getting frustrated now." Having not eaten since 5am that morning and needing to get groceries for dinner and breakfast the next morning, I quickly walked over to an amazing grocery store that had more variety than Ive ever seen. Between a whole sport section with a zillion different gel varieties, and what seemed like the biggest ever aisle of cereals including one I've been trying to get for a while Kashi Go Lean Protein (13g of Protein in 1 cup - way more than vector) it eased some frustration. I got back and thankfully the bags arrived not too late (around 6:30). But still had this tv problem to solve.

Sunday: Woke up around 5:45 and was off for a quick warmup run before breakfast by 6. 4k seemed to fly by quicker than ever before from being treated to gorgeous views of the sunrise over the mountains. After, I did 15 of lunges and warmup drills (running ABCs). So a solid start to the trip. Take a look - tried to cut the vids to about 5-10min. No idea why youtude (where I uploaded from converted them to 360p when they were shot in 960)



After came to my room, ate some breakfast, watched some top chef on my computer and was off for run number 2 by 9:30. This was a 10 mile (16k) trail run up one of the smaller mountain which sits right beside my condo. Again 10 miles flew by even if I climbed higher the the CN tower of this one run - around 1500 ft most in a long and steep two mile stretch. Very high intensity run with my heart rate around 180 and up to 194 throughout, but so much fun.


After the run came back had some GU recovery brew and a full size Clif Bar (White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Flavor - yum and 4 for 5 bucks), and was off to hunt for trail shoes around town - after realized on the run the trails were extremely technical. This included about 20 kilometers of rollerblading up and down some hills, and visiting 5 stores but not luck either not my size, or only road shoes. But whatever another solid exercise session. Came back had same lunch (Toad in a Hole), and saw some of the rest of the LA - CHI game on NBC on the computer. Still this TV needed to be solved. I called yet again, asking what was the situation, guy said he doesn't have any of TVs he could get for the room, and would that be a problem to which I responded umm ya thats a problem. So he upgraded me once again but this time the upgrade was significant it was just down the hall in the deluxe studio condo which is massive and the kitchen is enormous - not to metion being kitted with some sweet appliances: Oyster blender, and immersion blender (handheld blender), hand mixers, literally everything I need and much much more. After I got into the room, downstairs for a 30 minute water running and strength workout in the pool, and then off for Run number 3 - this time a 6k run with 1 min hard 1 min easy intervals throughout. The intervals were kind of all over the map with my heart rate soaring high most were around 3:30 pace, I was actually able to get one at 3:17. Off from there to get a few more groceries, and to watch some more Food Network but now on my sweet TV.





2 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! Have fun kid. Be careful out there though! You using a head mount for the GoPro?

    ReplyDelete