Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Murdock Peak

Wednesday: After 3 tough runs yesterday my legs were definitely feeling it. Getting up and out for this morning's loosening up 6km was a little rocky to start. But after the first few kilometers climbing up to Deer Valley Resort, the legs starting to feel pretty good again. The nice downhill back really helped my legs open up, and then had a really good 20 minute drill workout afterwards with some good stride outs. Only real issue, besides my quads still feeling a bit mangled from the last couple days, was my left hamstring which was feeling tight. On today's agenda was a climb up from the Canyons Resort, at the north side of the Wasatch Mountain Range. A 4 mile rollerblade over to the Resort yielded some stunning views of the mountains to be summited later on. Stunning but at the same time a bit intimidating. If you look back to my post titled "Into Thin Air" the picture shown there, which I got from google images when I was back in Thornhill, I passed on my way over and took the same picture from the other side of the road. As I passed by, I said to myself, "Hey that looks familiar."



 From the canyons resort it was off for another adventure in the mountains this time up collin's trails, to rob's trail, them ambush trails and back down via the ST segment trail but first it was a massive climb down a ski run and back up to the top of the mountain. Overall the whole 20k trip had about 2600ft of elevation gain peaking at 8000ft. The featured climb in the video was extremely intense, my heart was beating out of my chest, and when I was the top looking down at my legs they were actually blushed. Tried out the chest mount for the go pro, it is by far the most comfortable but again shaky as evidenced in the video. If you can, stick around for that climb, and don't let the video fool you this was straight uphill. Do not maximize the video, the sea sickness created from the video is not bad if its smaller, I find atleast. 





No comments:

Post a Comment